Ex Kelud Cinema : A Glimpse of Joy At The Ancient Ruins

Actually, this post won't be a very guiding post to yall but I think that I have to post it, because.. simply to say: I love this place.

So, it started when I was finishing my Bachelor Degree in Malang. I loved walking around the city. I sometimes joined the city tour event held by some creative communities there. If you walk more, there are many hidden gems that other people don't realize. I love hunting some photos and I thank God for the people who love the same thing with me. I hunted photos a few time in Malang and I found the place named (Ex) Kelud Cinema.

Yes, in Kelud Street, there's an old building which the cinema before. The name of the cinema is Kelud. The Kelud Cinema is the belle of the city in the past, but now all the places are only memories. Only the ruins left there.





*sorry for the blur photo*

But I see the different things there. I see the potential of creativity of Malang society that we can explore more. Not only the spacious field, but this place is also often used by youths to make some events like concerts. They also put the makeup on at the face of this old-but-gold place. They make creative doodles in every event they held. So, you'll see different doodles every few times. I sometimes turn to the Kelud street to make sure whether the doodle is the same as the last one I see or no. Btw, I gave the title to this post "a glimpse of Joy" because I'm very happy every time I see the cute colorful things like the doodles!

These are the photos in a different time, so you'll find the different atmosphere at every number.

#1






You can entry the place from the gate on the right of the building

#2








#3







For me, it's not only about the doodle or the instagrammable place. The youths can use the place to make some masterpieces or channel their hidden creativity. Once I walked in Solo city and found the creative market named Muara. Muara is ex shophouse complex in Legi Market. The society magically turned the place into creative local art shops, cafes, libraries, and there is an extensive space for the community to hold mini concerts or workshops at the center of the market. I think the Malang youth can make it as a reference to turn the ex Kelud Cinema better. So, the place won't only be an ancient ruin with doodles, but there will be a creative life every day here.


As I said before, If you walk more, there are many hidden gems that other people don't realize. There will be a thousand inspirations in every little thing that we find in an unpredictable place.

"They may see the thing, but not everyone can see the meaning of that thing."


I love taking photos using Instax so the photo will be more valuable than just stored on the camera. Btw, i wish yall won't be bored every time u see this man. Ok?!

Comments

Instagram Post