Travel Diary: Let's Get Lost in Semarang!

What a wonderful Indonesia! Yup, it's the first sentence appears on my mind when i explore my country. Even though i did it with internet. I watched Sasha Stevenson's video in youtube, if you're an Indonesian, you must watch the video. Here's the link. I may say that she's a 'crazy bule', but well..her life is interesting, and she definitely inspires me about my obligation to explore my own country. I realized that Indonesia has so many many great places, cultures, natures, and also good people. But then i realized that i'm just a 21 year old college student and i don't have much money to explore Indonesia instantly. I have to save money gradually, but it means that you can't go anywhere. You can start your mission from your nearest destination. Well, i started traveling to Semarang. 
People judge me badly when i told them i would go to that city. Well it's not a truly a city tour just like Bali Island, Jogjakarta or Malang City. But when you really explore, you'll find so man interesting things! Well, i'll tell you about my trip. I stayed and explored the city four days three nights with my friends, Bella and Oem. I'll tell you in detail; 

FIRST DAY
I went to Semarang by Maharani train from Surabaya. The price was Rp 49.000 and i got discount about RP 10.0000 so the final price was Rp 39.000. At first day, i went to Sam Poo Kong Temple, Simpang Lima Park and Ciputra Mall. Here are the photos of the temple, and sorry for not take photos in Simpang Lima. 




SECOND DAY
This second day i went to Pagoda Avalokitesvara, Diponegoro University, Cimory On The Valley and Pondok Kopi in Umbul Sidomukti tourist attraction. But in early, we had breakfast in Soto Bangkong. I used to eat it when i'm in a trip to grandma's home to celebrate Eid Al-Fitr. After that, we went to Pagoda. It was cool, i love the architect style of this building. Oya, there was sleeping budhist statue but i didn't take a good photo of it so i decided to not post it :p Then, i went to Diponegoro University to look around, we stoped in Cimory to shelter from the rain and in the night we went to Pondok Kopi. The place was at the top so we could see the city light from there.





THIRD DAY
It was a best day in Semarang! You know why? We went to old city and o my God i couldn't handle my self when i looked arround. There were so many great buildings with great architect style and antique market with their so many many cute things. I craved to buy many but i had to handle my self, even i knew that it was the best place to spend money! But in the end, i couldn't handle me well then i bought a cute little cup and an old electric magazine. Well, back to the topic. After we looked arround there, we went to Lawang Sewu. It was a land mark in Semarang and famous as a hounted place, though the Semarang City government has attempted to rebrand it. Sadly we were late, we went there arroung 5 pm and it was almost sunset so we didn't get really good photos. But i enjoyed the building much, it had the best architect style in my trip. Then we closed this day by eating lumpia in Mbak Lien :9

















FOURTH DAY
Sadly to say that it was the last day , it meant that i would back to the reality:( but i had a very good and beautiful closing trip. In subuh, i prayed in Masjid Agung Jawa Tengah and i got bonus to see beautiful sunrise here. Then, in the afternoon we got back to Surabaya by the same train and went to Malang by bus. Oya, i forget to introduce yall my two new friends, they're Odi and Ridho. Thanks to you both for taking us in Semarang. Btw sorry for bad quality photos, i took them by my camera phone. Well see you again in the next post! 




Comments

Instagram Post