Rumah Kita BnB Review: a Homey Home

Located in Yogyakarta, Rumah Kita BNB is a representation of the real meaning the lovely yet warm city: a thousand of inspiration and creativity! Vintage and homey are the only words I can describe to you all. I have no idea how much I love this place.

The home

All started by my friend and I accidentally planned a trip to Jogja to escape from the stress of college things, without thinking further we bought the train tickets. It means that we have to order the accommodation place. Doesn't it? Then we tried to look for the accommodation and found the BNB  in booking.com, we fell in love directly when we saw a glimpse of pictures of the place. People around me know so well that my weakness is seeing something cute, omg I can't. Incidentally, the location is quite strategic, near the south square of Jogja. Even though it was located in a narrow alley, it was not a big deal for us. So we just ordered it and couldn't wait for standing and seeing directly the cuteness of the place.

One of my most favorite side!





Old newspapers of Indonesia


Vintage wall decoration


The clock of world time

Well, the day was coming, we finally arrived at the hotel. I love this lodging, it was more than a Bed and Breakfast (even though I won't recommend the breakfast here, I'll tell you later). I felt like I was in Grandma's home. So homey and fun.


The inside of BnB

To feel the atmosphere, you may try this lodging. Before deciding whether you'll stay here for a review of it from me. Hope this will guide you well :)

Hosts
You'll find one of most helpful and friendly BnB hosts ever here. The hosts are Michael and Tia, they're also the owner of the home. They're so kind! Well, I'll tell you a bit how they have a home in Jogja and being a host of their BNB. They came from Jakarta, they wanted to escape from the riot and the noise of Jakarta. So, they decided to move to the lovely city. Jogja was their answer and here they are! They were helped by Ibu and Mas Andi to take care of the BNB. Ibu and Mas Andi are also nice. Other than that, there is one more host I'll tell to you. Its name is Bonzo. Yes, it's a  little dog of Michael and Tia's. It 's a very shy creature, also so cute I can't stand it. So, if you're afraid of the dog, don't be afraid of Bonzo. Because Bonzo will be afraid of you I guess.

Room and Price
Broadly, there are two room types at Rumah Kita:, a private room and dormitory room. In my opinion, In my view, most Indonesian are still loyal to the private room while foreigner loves dormitory room. Because I'm an Indonesian, so I stayed in the private room with a double bed. No, it isn't the real reason lol. It was because I stayed there with my friend, so it was cheaper to stay in a private room than rent a bed for each of us in the dormitory room. The price of a private room with double bed is around Rp 180.000 (AC and breakfast included), and the price of dormitory room is around Rp 100.000 (I forget whether AC and breakfast included or not). You can choose your choice of room, with AC and breakfast or not. Oh ya, you also can choose a double or single bed in the private room. The price is according to the facility and the price I mentioned earlier

A Private Room with Double Bed

The size of the room is around. The name of every room was taken from the name of islands in Indonesia like Misool, Sumba, Slayar, etc. Btw mine is Savu!

Location
As I told you before, the location is near and the center of the city. It's located in Mantrijeron, near the south square of Yogyakarta. It's also near Prawirotaman, one of the main area for foreigners. So, don't be surprised if you find foreigners mostly than Indonesian at Rumah Kita.
The specific location of Rumah Kita is "Jl. Ngadinegaran Gang Cempaka MJ III No. 45, Mantrijeron". Well, "Gang" means the small alley. Yup, Rumah Kita is located in the small alley. You can only reach it by motorcycle or by foot. Rumah Kita is located in the middle of a small village, but warm and peaceful. 

Facility
The facility they offer is complete enough for a BNB. Shared bathrooms, dining room, a mini-park with bean bags to enjoy your day, also shared a kitchen. You can make your own drink (like tea, coffee, etc) in a shared kitchen. 


A Dining Room 


Toilets


  
Mini Pool and Shower Room

Also, there's a mini pool with (if I'm not mistaken) hot and cold water (yes, you can choose the temperature of the water in the pool). Btw, if you chose a room with breakfast, you'll get a simple breakfast. In my "3 days stay in Rumah Kita", I got breakfasts twice. I forgot the detail of the breakfast, the foods I remember were a few cakes (like Risol or Lemper) and fruits (Banana).

Tips

  • It's difficult for you to get or rent a car when you stay here because the car park is a bit far from home. It's better to bring a motorcycle. If you want to rent a motorcycle, the hosts will provide. But you'll find more motorcycle rent service with affordable prices.
  • If you're afraid of the dog, you can talk with the hosts. They will more keep Bonzo from you. But once, Bonzo is a good and shy dog. So, don't be afraid!
  • I already mentioned the menu of breakfast. For me, it wasn't an unusual menu breakfast (even the taste was good). As an Indonesian, I used to eat rice. So, if you can't eat breakfast with a simple menu, I recommend you to chose a room without breakfast and find your own breakfast in outside of BnB.
That's all I can tell to you, I'm sorry if I make it easy to forget a few times because it was a pretty long time ago I stayed here, but I just got the time to make it this post. :)



Comments

Instagram Post